What are you looking at?

Oh... you want to know? Oh, yes, of course. Well I'm Hollie Anderson and this is a collection of my work and ramblings. Thats it really, don't worry I won't be upset if you leave. I won't cry. Honest...

Well. Maybe a little.

Friday 5 June 2009

Selkie (in progress)

This is my newest project, the selkie. For those of you who don't know what a selkie is its a woman (or man) who lives in the sea as a seal, who can come ashore and transform into a person by shedding their seal skin. If they lose their skin then they become trapped on land, but once they go back into the sea they can't come ashore again for seven years.

This head was odd, it started off looking kind of like my housemate, then oriental (my housemate is not oriental, shes northern) and then finally turned freckly and pale, so -selkie! For some reason when I made the head it didn't seem much bigger than Red's was, but it turns out its pretty huge.

So, here she is;Next challenge is going to be the seal skin, and covering up her nips and such. Might have a go at making some felt seaweed for that job.

No comments:

Post a Comment